Sunday, November 27, 2005

How will I escaaaape from memories of "Rent"???

I now know why I felt I was in an alternate universe. I was. And now that I have looked upon a glowing product of the American Theater industry, and found it almost meritless, I am convinced that I would not belong with either pole of the great society (if it is even worthy of such a dated, legislative apellation). No, not with the crazy ass, agnostic fair trade activists, nor with flab-jabbering, pro-fetus, rapturous reactionaries. Oh well.

Specifically, my complaints upon viewing said film were as follows:

1: Musically, I found, to my astonishment, that it is actually possible to over-use vocal harmony.

2: Aside from the demonically modern, and therefore awful, music, there really wasn't much to it.

3: As a result of this, I found each and every character/plot point inherently unengaging.

4: Writing music that sounds like it came from the bowels of Satan is not a good way to promote anti AIDS campaigns.

Phew.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home